Ecto is Elixir’s database wrapper. If you want to use a database with Elixir, you need to know Ecto.
This training will take you from zero Ecto knowledge to a happy an proficient Ecto user. We cover all the basics and core concepts – including testing – and finish up with some tips, tricks, and more advanced features.
We’ll focus on practical exercises rather than lectures. We’ll be getting hands on with real code right from the start. When the day is over you’ll be able to use Ecto with confidence.
- Beginner - Intermediate
- 1 day
- Anyone looking to get a firm grasp on the fundamentals of Ecto and to learn a few cool things you can do with it.
- Decent understanding of Elixir syntax
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- PostgreSQL installed & ready on your machine
- Take someone with zero Ecto knowledge and teach them everything they need to know to be proficient with Ecto
- Teach real-world practical skills which can be immediately applied
COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
- Ecto basics
- Tips & Tricks
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
- If you want to use a database with Elixir, you need to know Ecto.
- Importantly, the course is going to focus on practical skills above everything else. You’ll be learning by writing real Elixir code.