Over the last few years, we’ve learned and proven that Elixir scales. We’ve spoken about the services built for the WHO, Ukraine State Emergency Services, the UNHCR, and other organisations around the world using WhatsApp.
Next step is about helping organisations deliver impact.
Inspired by the ideas in Hypercard and the Livebook work, we’ve developed an Elixir based DSL using the Elixir parser and Nimble Parsec which is designed to help social impact organisations amplify their work with chat.
Creating an environment for creative exploration with direct feedback. Allowing authors to stumble into ideas that experts would consider prohibitively challenging.
The DSL allows describing services that are evidence based and replicable. Impact organisations can build on proven successes, amplifying their social impact globally and sharing their results.
We’ll share our learnings and the results of launching services using it in Ukraine in Feb 2022 and other places globally.
- Help people understand that:
- working in tech and doing social good is not only possible but that both are actually quite aligned
- Elixir is a excellent language to have an impact in, especially in a “live document” type of format as Livebook and its lineage suggest
- Reaching scale and impact is much more within reach of smaller teams than one would think
- Optimistic beginners & battle hardened and disillusioned old timers.