In this talk we share our experiences of introducing Elixir at a major Swiss insurance company.
Helvetia recently adopted Elixir to replace several complex Jenkins pipelines that powered a Git-Ops based self-service for governance, provisioning and configuration of our Kafka streaming platform.
The initial success opened the possibility to implement further self-services with similar features for our API platform as well as supporting services in Elixir.
During this talk we try to answer the following questions:
- Why did we choose Elixir for this journey and why not something else?
- Why did we not stay with technologies already established in the organization?
- How did the organization see the benefit of adopting Elixir as the best fit for this domain?
- How did the organization get amazed by the power of Elixir?
- Software engineers in corporate jobs who want to bring Elixir on the table * Project/product managers
- Dev Ops engineers
- Everyone else curious about using Elixir in an enterprise setting